Withdrawal from the contract
Terms of withdrawal from the contract
the shop regulations are specified in detail at http://hpi.pl/Regulamin-cterms-pol-18.html
5. The right to withdraw from the sales contract
5.1. A customer who is a consumer may withdraw from the sales contract concluded with the Seller without giving reasons by submitting an appropriate statement in writing within fourteen days from the date of delivery of the Goods. To meet this deadline, it is enough to send a statement before its expiry. The customer may use the withdrawal form. Detailed information on the right to withdraw from the contract and its implementation, as well as the withdrawal form from the sales contract are available in the tab: Withdrawal from the sales contract (http://hpi.pl/Odstapienie-od-umowy-cabout-pol-11.html) .
5.2. In the event of withdrawal from the contract in accordance with the preceding point, the contract is considered void and the customer is released from any obligations. The parties shall return the services received to each other immediately, no later than within fourteen days, and the Seller shall reimburse the Customer for all payments made by him, including the costs of delivering the goods in the amount corresponding to the cheapest, usual method of delivery offered by the Seller, and the Customer returns the Goods to the Seller. , to the following address: HPI Polska, 95-050 Konstantynów Łódzki, 14 Klonowa Street,
5.3. The direct costs of returning the Goods are charged to the Customer.
5.4. The Customer is responsible for the decrease in the value of the Good as a result of using it in a way that goes beyond what is necessary to establish the nature, characteristics and functioning of the Good.
5.5. The right to withdraw from the contract does not apply to customers who are not consumers, and in the case of consumers - in the case of sales contracts:
- in which the subject of the service is a non-prefabricated item, manufactured according to the consumer's specifications or serving to satisfy his individual needs;
- in which the subject of the service is an item that deteriorates quickly or has a short shelf life - the above applies to, for example, batteries that require immediate formatting;
- in which the subject of the service are items that after delivery, due to their nature, are inseparably connected with other items;
- in which the consumer has expressly requested the Seller to come to him for urgent repair or maintenance;
- in which the subject of the service are sound or visual recordings or computer software delivered in a sealed package, if the package has been opened after delivery;
- concluded through a public auction;
- for the delivery of digital content that is not recorded on a tangible medium, if the performance began with the consumer's express consent before the deadline to withdraw from the contract and after informing the Seller about the loss of the right to withdraw from the contract.
5.6. The returned Goods should be packed in a manner that protects against damage during transport. "